One hundred and ten degrees of longitude separate St. Petersburg, Russia, and Tokyo, Japan. For eight weeks in 2005, I'll be crossing this large chunk of the world solo. I've set up this blog so that family and friends can keep track of my whereabouts, my activities, and my well-being. It might also be useful for someone planning a similar trip. Please bookmark this page so you can check up on me at your leisure.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Ikebukuro

This has to be very quick, because I'm using the internet at a Kinko's and it's ruinously expensive. I've arrived safely in Tokyo after a 2.5-hour ride on the shinkansen and checked into the very pleasant Kimi Ryokan in the Ikebukuro area. Plans are afoot to meet up with both Emeryll of U of T Law and Matt of No-Sword. There's a Denny's restaurant around the corner from my ryokan, so I can eat "Moons Over My Hammy" or a "Super-Bird" if I'm feeling like something familiar. The trip is almost over; I can't believe it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your return!
Matt and I are spending the evening with Jess; dinner and theatre. It gets her mind off of counting down the minutes. =)

Carrie

10:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home